Any personal information you provide through MyVPI.us will solely be used to process your application. Your personal information may be used to obtain your background information. Your information will remain confidential and will only be shared with our agents and/or affiliates for the purpose of evaluating your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary for processing purposes or as required by law.
MyVPI.us is not a consumer reporting agency and is not responsible for evaluating or determining your eligibility in regards to your application. Any evaluation or determination of eligibility in regards to your application is solely the discretion of the local authority within the city for which you are applying.
MyVPI.us may collect certain technical usage information automatically when you visit this website. This information may include:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- The web page from which you entered our site.
- The type of device, web browser or operating system you are using.
- The name of your internet service provider.
- Your activity while using this website (including access times, new and repeat visits, which web pages you visit, how long you spend on each web page, and exit web page information).
- To collect this information, we may use cookie technology. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. You may be able to configure your web browser to block or restrict cookies. However, doing this may limit the functionality of this website and subsequently your experience on the website.
MyVPI.us takes reasonable measures to protect the personal information you provide from unauthorized access, disclosure, or use. However, despite continuous efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be completely guaranteed. You should always take precautions regarding how you handle and disclose your personal information and should avoid sending it through unsecure channels.
Updated September 24, 2018